This was taken from PR News Wire. To view the original article, click here.
CAMPBELL, Calif., Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ — Millions of businesses store enormous volumes of essential sales and marketing information on the hugely successful Salesforce platform. Now, with the launch of support for Salesforce byDreamFactory Software, they can add that data to any mobile app and place it at the fingertips of an increasingly mobile workforce. The DreamFactory Services Platform enables developers to easily connect their mobile apps to data housed in Salesforce, with the DreamFactory Services Platform (rather than the client app) efficiently handling user credentials and maintaining the user session. DreamFactory uses an industry-standard REST API that lets developers use a familiar SOQL query to retrieve information from any Salesforce database.
“One of the biggest challenges for developers of mobile apps for enterprise use is to balance user access against the need for tight security. Our new Salesforce module for the DreamFactory Services Platform makes it easy to mobilize enterprise Salesforce data without exposing any Salesforce account credentials – we handle all that in the cloud,” said Bill Appleton, co-founder and CEO of DreamFactory.
Until now, bringing core business information from an enterprise Salesforce database to a mobile device was fraught with complication. Developers could use the Force.com REST API directly from the client, but that required the client to maintain the session and the use of Oauth to ask for the user’s credentials. Or, they could develop their own server-side code base to maintain the session and build in their own client interface for data retrieval.
“The new Salesforce module for the DreamFactory Services Platform makes provisioning Salesforce functionality within a mobile app an incredibly straightforward and predictable development project,” said Ernie Megazzini, principal and chief strategist of ProBizMix. “Another nice feature is that we can now integrate Salesforce data with data from other databases —all within the same app— while providing complete control over access rights on a per-user basis. This will save us days of development time on a typical mobile project.”
How DreamFactory makes it easy for mobile developers to access Salesforce:
- Mobility. DreamFactory gives mobile app developers fast access to Salesforce data along with other cloud-based enterprise services they need — all in one place and with access defined by a user’s role.
- Security. DreamFactory securely stores Salesforce session data on the server, so developers don’t have to worry about storing it in the mobile app.
- Simplicity. Developers can use a familiar SOQL query to access the Salesforce data.
DreamFactory brings agile development techniques enterprise mobility
The DreamFactory Services Platform provides access to a rich set of back-end resources through a REST interface that supports both JSON and XML documents. This standards-based, open-source mobile architecture enables developers to connect HTML5 and native applications to a wide array of web services including SQL Data, BLOB Storage, User Management, App Hosting, and External Integration.
Key features of the DreamFactory Services Platform include:
- Designed for enterprise security. DreamFactory can be installed on-premises or in the cloud, so enterprise users can deploy, manage, and monitor their own applications. All of the source code is available under the open source Apache License. We provide a software package available for download and installation from GitHub, and also BitNami packages for the AWS, Azure, and VMware marketplaces. Use familiar tools and best practices to develop, test, and deploy applications on your own infrastructure.
- Admin console. Every new DSP comes with a built-in Admin Console, written in HTML5, that helps system administrators build applications for end users, manage users and roles, create SQL schema, and provision external services.
- App Hosting. A DSP can host any number of applications that share access to the service architecture and various data objects. Each application is a mini website from which developers can quickly upload and manage various files and folders.
- User Management. The DSP takes care of user management, single sign-on, password hashing, and user roles. Developers can control which users get which applications, and which applications have access to various data objects and services.
- NoSQL Data. DreamFactory provides wide support for popular NoSQL databases including MongoDB, MongoHQ, DynamoDB, SimpleDB, Azure Tables, and Salesforce.
- BLOB Storage. The DSP provides interfaces to all of the major BLOB storage systems including Amazon S3, Azure BLOB, Rackspace CloudFiles, and OpenStack. The master credentials to each service are hidden by the platform and users are granted access through single sign-on.
- External Integration. The DSP can provision any number of integration points for external services such as email, NoSQL data, and BLOB storage. These services hide master credentials on the platform and can be administered by user role.
WHERE TO GET MORE INFORMATION
ABOUT DREAMFACTORY SOFTWARE
DreamFactory Software Inc. develops and markets technology that enables developers to connect modern mobile apps to enterprise back-end infrastructure in the cloud. Enterprises, web development agencies, and independent developers use DreamFactory to build secure, modern mobile apps and deploy them on any cloud or datacenter. The company is based inCampbell, California and has a development center in Atlanta, Georgia. For more information, visit www.dreamfactory.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter @dfsoftwareinc.
To view this video on YouTube, please visit: http://youtu.be/gbDXAm7ZVvE
Media Contact: Tim Cox, ZingPR, +1-650-369-7784, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE DreamFactory Software Inc.